When deciding whether I should comment on something, post something, or even think about a post or link, I ask myself the following questions:
1) Do I have some kind of decision professional or personal that this post helps me to make?
2) Does this conversation lead to my growth in virtue and my understanding of God and neighbor?
3) Is this post just good old clean fun?
4) Does reflecting upon and engaging in this post lead to increases in faith, hope, and love? Or does it cause needless worry and anxiety?
5) Does this post contribute to my mission and the mission of the organization that I belong to?
These questions are not designed to make rigid rules that must be meticulously applied, but rather are intended to help you be intentional in the ways that you interact with social media.